Confused About Social Media Audit Reports? These 6 Tips Will Help!
As a thriving business, we’re sure you are implementing social media strategies to grow your brand. But what many brands fail to do is check their marketing efforts using a Social Media audit report. As scary as this sounds, it is a structured way to determine your brand’s performance on social media. Any brand can implement social media audits in their work, and it is nothing to feel overwhelmed about.
A social media audit allows you to understand the happenings on each platform. You’ll be able to comprehend:
- which marketing tactics are working and which aren’t
- bots in your follower counts
- outdated profiles you must repurpose or remove
- new ways to grab more eyeballs online
This blog post will share effective tips on conducting a social media audit using six tips. Take a look.
Create a Social Media Audit Template
Develop an Excel spreadsheet or Google Sheet that you’ll use to track your findings. If you have multiple social media accounts, make sure to create a separate sheet for each one.
Your template should include the following columns:
- Profile name: The name of your social media profile.
- URL: The URL of your social media profile.
- Username: The username you use to login into the account
- Password: The credentials you use to login into the account (if you have multiple team members who manage the account, make sure to include their usernames and passwords as well)
- Audit date: The date you last audited the account.
- Last login: The date you or your team members last logged in to the account.
- Number of followers: The number of people who follow your account.
- Number of friends/connections: The number of people you’re following back or the number of connections you have on LinkedIn.
- Number of posts: Total posts you’ve posted on the account.
- Most recent post: The date and time of your most recent post and the engagement.
- Profile description: A brief description of what your profile is about.
- Website URL: The URL of your website.