Many people understand how important SEO can be to their website, but not many people understand the importance of tracking the success of their SEO campaign. If you do not know whether your SEO campaign is successful, how will you know what to do moving forward?
You need to know what is working and what is not so that you know how to make the most of your time. You are going to want to replicate what is working and ditch what isn’t.
The first thing that you need to understand when you are in the beginning stages of your digital marketing strategy/implementation, is that you are not going to see results overnight. It is going to take a lot of work and time put in if you want to see the desired results.
In order to track your SEO success there are a few important things you need to do:
- Do research ahead of time so that you know what to expect
- Track what keywords you are ranking for
- Check the organic traffic you are receiving from those rankings
- Check the value of those keywords
- Check the quality of that traffic coming to your site
This is much more than simply tracking the traffic that is coming to your site. I am going to go in depth about each one of these aspects and exactly how you can track your SEO success.