From Bloggers to Influencers: What Is a Content Creator?
From bloggers to influencers, you’ve seen people create all kinds of entertaining, engaging, and educational content that is expressed through different media arms and channels.
If you are wondering what that means for you and how you can make use of it in your own business, then read the rest of this post to discover everything you need to know about what a content creator is, the types of content creators out there, and how you can become a successful content creator.
But before we can define what a content creator is, I think it’s important to first take a step back and look at what content is in the first place.
What is Content?
Content is a broad subject, which means defining it may not be as easy as one might think.
For example, when you conduct a search for “What is content”, you’re presented with varying definitions, including the following:
- Content is the information contained within communication media. This includes the internet, cinema, television, radio, audio CDs, books, magazines, physical art, and live event content.
- Content is information presented with a purpose and distributed to people in a form through a channel.
- Content is the stuff you publish, which covers writing, visuals, video, presentations, etc. that can be published on blogs, webpages, social accounts, etc.
- Content is a compilation of information, ideas, and messages that are translated into some kind of written, visual, or audible format for others to consume.
- Content is engaging, relevant, reliable, interesting, entertaining, or enlightening in the form of text, image, video, or audio.
The definition of content might mean different things to different people and in different situations because of context.